New Hellgate Revamp in ‘Hector’ Update
The Hellgates, a combined PvP/PvE zone in Albion Online, is being revamped with new mechanics for players of all levels, including a brand new map!
Berlin, Germany – May 2, 2017 – Alongside Sandbox Interactive, we’re pumped to let you know that the Hellgates, a PvP feature of the popular sandbox MMORPG Albion Online, is getting a facelift! Albion is a fantasy MMO with a player-driven economy that allows players to define their role based on their gear, so you are what you wear! Brave adventurers can enter the aforementioned Hellgates by taking down demonic monsters in the open world, which spawn an unearthly portal that leads to their demonic dimension. While the monsters inside are not to be trifled with, the real danger comes from other players you encounter inside. Adventurers can go full ham on one another as they hurriedly progress through the area’s many dangers to grab impressive rewards.
- Player-driven economy, everything is crafted and sold by players, giving everyone a chance to affect the market.
- Game-changing ‘classless system’ that does away with traditional roles. Instead, you are what you wear! Customize your gear to create your role, and quickly swap to other gear sets.
- Join a Guild to improve your chances of survival! Fight rivaling Guilds for land over an ever-shifting territory map to ensure your team retains the upper hand.
- Over 200,000 founders, even before launch!
Additions and Changes to Hellgates:
- Mob interactions and map layout have been redesigned to give players a better PvP experience without concerning themselves with wandering demons that can affect the outcome of team fights.
- Mob placement has been improved to prevent stagnant stand-offs and lead to more skirmishes between opposing teams.
- Dynamic spawn points will give both teams an equal chance and allow for changing gameplay.
Hellgates now spawn in three types; 2v2 in green zones, 5v5 in yellow zones, as well as 5v5 in red & black zones, with the risk – and reward – increasing from zone to zone
About Albion Online
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG from Sandbox Interactive, set in the medieval fantasy world of Albion. Whether playing a hardened fighter, a farmer, a merchant or a master craftsman, in the player-driven world almost every single weapon and building are created by the players. Thanks to a “you are what you wear”-system free of typical class restrictions, a skilled archer can instantly become a powerful mage, and the players define their role within the game world. PvE, PvP guild vs guild battles, every action in the game has a meaning … as well as consequences. PvP battles in the danger zones of the game world are a “winner takes all” affair. Albion Online is the first PC game to enable the same experience on tablets.
About Sandbox Interactive
Sandbox Interactive is an independent development studio founded in January 2012 and is based in Berlin, Germany, currently employing 50 full-time and nine freelance programmers and designers on their cross-platform sandbox MMO Albion Online. Sandbox Interactive follows the mantra that the creation of your world and interaction with other players are paramount to entertainment – and that these ideas are truly brought to life in the sandbox genre. With Albion Online, they are making a game with compelling gameplay and the player’s experience squarely in the foreground.