Project Winter – a multiplayer game of survivors and traitors – is launching TODAY on Steam Early Access after a packed house in open beta
Other Ocean Group’s servers proved themselves as thousands of traitors and survivors climbed into the frozen ring of Project Winter’s first open beta this past weekend. Its latest public-facing event was met with resounding success, and left multiplayer fans wanting more. The wait is over. Fans can partner with (or take on) best friends again as Project Winter is available now on Steam Early Access.
“We were thrilled to see the amount of excitement for the game over our beta period. Players were helpful, cunning, and even downright brutal at times. Now we can’t wait to get the game out there to see what strategies players come up with next!” Ryan Hale, Studio Head
Project Winter is an 8-person, multiplayer game focused on social deception and survival where players are randomly assigned to the role of Traitor or Survivor. Players must gather resources, repair structures, and brave the wilderness together – but beware of traitors within the group who will be steadily gaining strength as the match progresses and whose only goal is to stop the survivors by any means necessary. Communication and teamwork are essential to the survivors’ ultimate goal of escape.
Project Winter is Available Now on the Steam Store, Humble Store, and Greenman Gaming for Windows PC, with controller support for USD 19.99. The game was developed in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador with valued support from the Canada Media Fund.
- Survive & Escape in this 8-person multiplayer game of Teamwork & Betrayal.
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes – communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins, they may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.
About Other Ocean Group
Founded in 2006, Other Ocean has focused on developing original titles (Giant Cop, #IDARB, RAD Boarding) and franchise products (Super Monkey Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Mortal Kombat). Other Ocean has worked on such industry leading licenses as Minecraft, Rick, and Morty, Toy Story, The Simpsons South Park, NBA, Green Lantern, Spiderman, and X-Men. As a third-party developer, Other Ocean’s Ultra Street Fighter for PlayStation 4 is now the staple in multiple and massively successful, Street Fighter Tournaments around the World. Similarly, our third-party work on Intellectual Property such as NBA Rush, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Mega Man have all achieved tremendous commercial success. Other Ocean Group has won 2 Xbox Live Arcade awards, several Editor’s Choice Awards, been nominated for several Gamespot Best Game Awards and won a best of show award at E3. The Project Winter development team is located in the St John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador studio in Canada. The company has development studios in St. John’s and Charlottetown, Canada and Emeryville, California and a quality assurance company, Sculpin QA in PE and NL, Canada. www.otherocean.com
Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/project-winter
Green Man Gaming: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/project-winter-pc/